The largest of the islands is Hon Tre, which is located 3km from Nha Trang. The city of Nha Trang has long been renowned for being a sea resort with plenty of historical vestiges and wonderful sceneries.
Various forms of convenient transports are available.
- Road: The National Highway 1A and the railway from north to south run through Khanh Hoa Province, linking it with the other provinces in the North and South. The National Highway 26 links Khanh Hoa to some provinces in the Central Highland. Nha Trang is 105km from Phan Rang, 190km from Buon Ma Thuot, 205km from Dalat, 238km from Quy Nhon, 441km from Ho Chi Minh City, and 1,278km from Hanoi.
- Airlines: Nha Trang Airport is 5km from the center of the city. Vietnam Airlines offers daily connections with Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, and four connections a week with Danang. Cam Ranh Airport is 35km south of Nha Trang has flights from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang to there.
- Train:Regular connections between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City all stop in Nha Trang, daily train between Ho Chi Minh City and Nha Trang.
- Bus: There are connections with Danang, Ho Chi Minh City, Hue, Vinh, Pleiku... Minibus for Hoi An, Hue, and Dalat...
- Water: Cam Ranh and Nha Trang ports connect Khanh Hoa with many regions in Vietnam as well as with abroad.